How to Set up User Authentication for Copy Audit Touch
Copy Audit Touch allows for the following types of authentication options:
- None: No authentication is done. Transactions are recorded under a generic user.
- PIN Code: Users must enter a PIN code before they can do the transaction.
- PIN + Password: Users must enter a PIN code AND a password.
- Card Reader: Users must use a card to authenticate.
- Card Reader + Password: Users must use a card and enter a password.
- Active Directory: Users must enter their Active Directory user name and password.
To configure authentication for a Copy Audit Touch Activity:
- Open the Print Audit Administrator (Start Menu --> All Programs --> Print Audit 6 --> Administrator).
- Click on the Copy Audit Touch icon on the left hand side.
- Double click to select the “Copier” that has the Activity that you want to add authentication to.
- From the Editing Copier dialog, select the Activity that you want to add authentication to.
- From the drop down box “Authentication”, select the authentication type.
- Click “Accept”.
- Click “Save”.
Note: If the authentication type is set to “Active Directory”, you may need to change the domain that the Terminal authenticates against. To change the Active Directory Domain:
- Open the Copy Audit Touch Terminal Configuration program (Start Menu --> All Programs --> Print Audit 6 --> Copy Audit Touch --> Config.
- Click on the “Communication” tab.
- Under the “Active Directory” box, change the “Domain” setting to the Active Directory that you want to authenticate against.
How did we do with this article?