What is the eAutomate (Web service) export
A Web service is simply a method of communication between two devices over the Web (Internet). In the case of Infinite Device Management and eAutomate, the web service allows you to gather meters from devices monitored by Infinite Device Management and submit these meters directly to corresponding devices and meters within your eAutomate system.
The connection between the Infinite Device Management and eAutomate is done through a URL (a web page address). You provide the appropriate credentials to allow Infinite Device Management to connect to eAutomate's web service over a web connection.
Web Service URL
Device / Equipment Mapping
By default, the Meter Source ID in eAutomate will default to "Web" for the meter uploads done via web services. If you need to identify the meter source in eAutomate specifically, you can specify a "Meter Source" in Infinite Device Management. This source must be defined in eAutomate first as a custom meter source. If the meter source doesn't exist in eAutomate, then the Meter Source ID will default to "Web".
The devices in Infinite Device Management and in eAutomate can be linked (mapped) by two possible fields available in eAutomate:
1) Equipment ID - This is a unique identifier within eAutomate that identifies devices. You can set up a corresponding field in Infinite Device Management (such as Asset Number or one of the Custom Fields). You can use the Bulk Device Update utility within Infinite Device Management enter the corresponding Equipment ID into Infinite Device Management. Linking the Equipment ID with a field in Infinite Device Management results in faster uploads but requires that the Equipment ID be entered into Infinite Device Management.
2) Serial Number - You can link devices in Infinite Device Management and eAutomate using the devices Serial Number. The Serial Number in Infinite Device Management should be automatically detected but this link is slower when uploading meter counts into eAutomate.
You can specific a "back up" Map Field if the first choice fails to locate the device in eAutomate.
Match customer name:
To improve matching, this option can be checked. This is useful especially when matching on Serial Numbers in eAutomate. Please note that in order for this option to work, the Customer Name in Infinite Device Management must match the Customer name in eAutomate.
This option will allow you to configure the synchronization between our Managed/Unmanaged flag on a device with eAutomate's active/inactive setting by selecting either FM to EAutomate or EAutomate to FM for the Synchronize Managed/Unmanaged setting.
- None - no synchronization will be done on the export.
- FM To EAutomate - Infinite Device Management is the "master" and value of the Managed/Unmanaged flag on the device will be applied to the corresponding eAutomate's equipment active/inactive status.
- EAutomate to FM - EAutomate is the "master" and the value of the eAutomate's equipment active/inactive status will be applied to the corresponding device Managed/Unmanaged flag in Infinite Device Management.
Equipment number Import:
This option will allow you to configure an import of the Equipment Number from eAutomate into Infinite Device Management:
- None - no equipment number will be imported during the export process.
- To Asset Number - Equipment number will be imported to the Asset Number field in Infinite Device Management.
- To Custom Field One - Equipment number will be imported to Custom Field One in Infinite Device Management during the Export process.
- To Custom Field Two - Equipment number will be imported to Custom Field Two in Infinite Device Management during the Export process
Location remarks Import:
This option will allow you to configure an import of the Location remarks from eAutomate into Infinite Device Management:
- None - no Location remarks will be imported during the export process.
- To Location - Location remarks will be imported to the Location field in Infinite Device Management.
- To Custom Field One - Location remarks will be imported to Custom Field One in Infinite Device Management during the Export process.
- To Custom Field Two - Location remarks will be imported to Custom Field Two in Infinite Device Management during the Export process
Device / Equipment Meter Mappings
Use life count as mono life count on monochrome devices:
You can automatically have the eAutomate export map a device's life count to the Mono Life Count by checking this box.
eAutomate meter types | Infinite Device Management meter types:
Meter counts within Infinite Device Management are linked (mapped) as well. Default meter counts within Infinite Device Management are default to corresponding eAutomate meters such as B\W to Mono Life Count or Color to Color Life Count.
The eAutomate meter types drop down will display a list fo the meter types available in eAutomate.
Add new mapping:
There are also optional mappings available within Infinite Device Management such as Large/Small BW/Color counts for corresponding custom eAutomate meters.
The available meter types in Infinite Device Management are:
Mono Life Count
Color Life Count
Color Copy Count
Mono Copy Count
Color Print Count
Mono Print Count
Color Scan Count
Mono Scan Count
Small Paper Count
Small Color Count
Small Mono Count
Large Paper Count
Large Color Count
Large Mono Count
How did we do with this article?