How to scan a specific set of devices with the Rapid Assessment Key
Steps to scan a specific set of devices:
- Launch the RAK (Rapid Assessment Key)
- Create a new site, or select the site you will be scanning
- Select the Start button
- Select the Discovery Scan button from the toolbar
- Select the Multiple Custom Ranges option
- Enter an IP address you are scanning from i.e. 192.168.0.60
- Enter the IP address you are scanning to i.e. 192.168.0.70 or if you want to only scan a specific device rather than the network, enter its IP address again i.e. 192.168.0.60
- Select the Add button
- Repeat steps 6 through 7 if you are specifying individual devices to scan until you have listed them all
- When finished select the Scan button
The scan should complete only scanning the ranges you have specified.
You can also import a simple CSV (Comma Separated Values) file by selecting the Import Ranges button in the Discovery Scan window. The CSV file needs to be in this format:
Beginning the scan by selecting the Scan button after the import.
How did we do with this article?