Rapid Assessment Key v2: Scans take too long
Check that the scan range is correct for the environment
- If a scan range hasn’t been configured the RAK will generate its own scan range, which may be very large. Set a sensible scan range via ‘Discovery Settings’ dialog
- For best performance, configure the RAK to only scan the specific IP’s you are interested in
- If there are a large number of IP’s to scan, consider breaking them up into several smaller ranges, rather than one huge range.
- Performing an IP Report via the ‘Discovery Scan’ dialog is a way to quickly determine which IP’s have SNMP capable devices.
- Reduce the number of communities scanned
- Each additional community that the RAK has to scan increases the scan time.
How did we do with this article?